Universal Repair Services Ltd. (further also we, us, etc.) provides services to ship-owners, vessel operators, ship managers through all ports of Sweden, Germany, Norway, Poland, Finland, Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia.
We supply spare parts, technical equipment and all that might be needed offshore for vessels all over Europe. We also offer repair works, maintenance and technical consultancy services.
The Data Supplier is you, the person who cooperates with us or has expressed a willingness to cooperate.
The Controller is SIA “Universal Repair Services”, registration number 40103768099, registered office: Rigas street 14, Ogre, Ogres nov., LV-5001, Latvia.
In cases when you want to become our customer, an employee or co-partner, we may need to process your personal data. In such case, we ourselves act as the Controller since we process the data for our own needs.
The Processor is a natural person or legal entity, public authority, agency or other structure that on our behalf processes the Personal Data of the Suppliers.
Personal data is any information directly or indirectly related to a customer, an employee or a partner as a natural person or a representative of the customer or supplier, if the customer or supplier is a legal entity.
Personal data can be collected from you (as Data Subjects) and from external sources, such as public and private registers or third parties.
The categories of personal data we collect and process most, but not limited to, are:
identification data – name, surname, personal identity number, date of birth (for non-residents).
contact information – phone number, email address, language of communication.
service-related data, such as information on your business activities and other information that helps us understand the ways of possible cooperation, information on execution or non-performance of contracts, transactions performed, concluded and expired contracts, submitted applications, requests and complaints.
financial data – a bank account number, invoices issued and the information contained therein, history of transactions, credit obligations and other liabilities.
data obtained and/or prepared in fulfilment of the statutory obligation, for example, fulfilment of the statutory obligation by providing data at the request of investigating authorities, notaries, a tax administrator, courts and bailiffs.
communication details, such as data obtained from you, when visiting our office or while contacting us on phone or electronically.
In order to become a customer or a supplier, a legal entity submits information about its legal representative as well as contact persons. Before disclosing information about your representatives and contact persons, please inform these persons about the fact of processing their personal data and a possibility to find herein the information on how such personal data is processed.
If you provide us with the information about your officials and other representatives, avoid submitting information about private communication means (private phone numbers, private email addresses, residential addresses).
Every time you visit our website https://universalrepair.eu, we automatically collect data and information from your device’s system and store it in so-called server log files. This data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (here: website visitor). The data is automatically transferred by your browser when you visit our website. This includes the following information:
• Time of accessing our website (request to the host provider’s server),
• URL of the website from which you accessed our website,
• The operating system you are using,
• Type and version of the browser you are using,
• IP address of your computer.
We ensure personal data protection in accordance with the regulatory enactments in force in the Republic of Latvia and process personal data for one or more purposes:
• to ensure the conclusion of transactions, execution of transactions and control of execution of transactions;
• to manage the relations, as well as to ensure and administer the access to products and services;
• to provide for the proof of business-related facts in a dispute, demand, claim or proceeding cases;
• to perform a statutory obligation, for example, to ensure accounting or to respond to legitimate requirements of governmental and municipal authorities;
• to ensure protection of our legitimate interests or those of third parties, for example, while receiving the necessary legal or advisory assistance, complying with statutory notification obligation, etc.;
• the purpose of processing log-file data is to make our website accessible from your device and to enable our website to be displayed correctly on your device or in your browser. The data is also used to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
• to contact you, to answer your inquiries, questions or requests.
• Personal data are not used for marketing purposes.
In cases, where the processing of personal data is necessary in order to prepare a contract for the conclusion, you do not have an obligation to provide information. However, please be aware that in this case we will not be able to provide for a contract preparation and conclusion of such contract.
A data subject or their authorized representative has the following rights:
• to receive information on whether we process the personal data of the data subject and then access them if such are processed;
• to access their own personal data, based on a substantiated written request;
• if necessary, to modify, add or delete any personal data stored on them at any time, based on a substantiated written request;
• to transfer their own personal data from us to another controller, if it is technically possible;
• to object to the processing of personal data or to make us restrict processing in accordance with the requirements of the applicable regulatory enactments;
• not be subject to fully automated decision making, including profiling, if taking such a decision has legal effects or a similar considerable effect on the data subject;
• at any time to withdraw their consent given to us for the processing of personal data;
• to address issues and complaints about the use of personal data to the Data State Inspectorate (www.dvi.gov.lv), if the data subject considers that the processing of their personal data violates their rights and interests in accordance with the applicable regulatory enactments.
Personal data will only be processed for as long as necessary. The storage period may be based on a contract, our legitimate interests or the applicable regulatory enactments (for example, laws on accounting, extinctive prescription, civil rights, etc.).
We do not accept liability for any unauthorized access to personal data and/or personal data loss, if it does not depend on us, for example, due to your fault and/or neglect.
Potential data recipients or categories of recipients to which your personal data may be transferred:
• you can get information about yourself, if we have an opportunity to verify your identity;
• processors (or sub-processors), i.e. our suppliers, sub-contractors, strategic partners and others, who help us and our clients in business in order to implement the respective cooperation;
• persons, who, under our direct subordination or that of our processor (or sub-processor), are authorized to process your personal data;
• governmental and municipal authorities in cases and according to the procedure specified in the regulatory enactments.
Usually, we process personal data in the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) and such data are not transferred and processed in non-EU/EEA countries, but we may need to transfer personal data to recipients outside the European Union. These activities can include dealings with the outsourcing of services to external providers located outside the EU and/or processing the data outside the EU (e.g. cloud computing, web-services), or when arranging staff work trips to non-EU countries.
According to the GDPR, such transfers are allowed when:
• the country’s protections are deemed adequate by the EU; or
• we take the necessary measures to provide appropriate safeguards, such as by including specific clauses in the contract concluded with the non-European importer of the personal data; or
• we rely on specific grounds for the transfer (called ‘derogations’) such as the consent of the individual.
You may contact us regarding questions concerning the processing of Personal data, withdrawal of consent, requests, the exercise of the rights of Data Subjects and complaints about the use of Personal data.
Our contact information: Universal Repair Services Ltd., registration number 40103768099, registered office: Rigas street 14, Ogre, Ogres nov., LV-5001, Latvia, phone.: +371 28708998, e-mail: [email protected].eu.
In Riga, on January 11, 2021